Bridgehouse Company Secretaries recognises that many smaller companies in the private sector cannot justify the expense – or do not want the commitment – of employing a full-time company secretary. However, most do not have the professional skills or resources in-house necessary to meet their statutory legal obligations.
When you choose Bridgehouse as your partner you have access to the expertise you need on tap. Our knowledgeable and experienced team of qualified lawyers is on hand to provide valuable support to your senior management team whenever required and you pay only for the professional time you actually use.
We provide the full range of company secretarial services to private sector companies, including:
- Corporate governance reviews and development of a workable governance framework.
- Meeting management and AGM support including preparation of agendas, minute-taking and AGM paperwork.
- Drafting policies such as corporate hospitality, expenses, anti bribery policy and code of conduct and wording for directors’ handbooks.
- Project work including drafting resolutions for re-organisations, creation of different classes of shares, increase in share capital, company re-registration from private to plc, change of company name and filing the necessary paper work at Companies House.
- Annual compliance services such as preparing and filing returns and accounts, maintaining the company’s statutory registers and filing any legal changes with the relevant regulatory authority.
- Companies House filings and company incorporations for companies limited by guarantee, flat management companies and public limited companies.
- Data protection advice and support on any aspect of compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 including annual notifications to the Information Commissioner, Data Protection audits and the development of a Data Protection policy.
- Trademark services covering all aspects of trademark registration in the UK, EU or US and subsequent administration.