The Future of Safeguarding in the Voluntary Sector Event 2020 – Jo Steel Features as Guest Speaker
On the 20th of October, our Governance Consultant, Jo Steel, was a guest speaker at The Future of Safeguarding in the Voluntary Sector Event 2020.
She discussed the ways in which senior staff and trustees can be supported in reporting serious incidents to regulatory bodies. She covered a number of factors that must be considered within the sector, including:
- How to establish clear lines of communication between levels of management and regulatory bodies.
- Defining what is classified as a reportable serious incident.
- Understanding why reporting incidents is such an important requirement for trustees.
- Reinforcing how the reporting of serious incidents to the Charity Commission lies ultimately with trustees.
- Reporting serious incidents to other organisations when appropriate, including police forces, local authorities, and Action Fraud.
Jo commented, “Thank you to everyone who attended and asked questions throughout. It was really great to be a part of such a forward-thinking and engaging event, opening up discussions on a topic really close to my heart. The calibre of speakers throughout the day was extremely high and it was great to have the opportunity to hear about the great work so many are doing within their organisations around the future of safeguarding in the voluntary sector.”